We believe our community should be truly open for everyone. As such, we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for all, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, or religion.
This code of conduct outlines our expectations for participant behavior, as well as the consequences for unacceptable behavior.
We invite all sponsors, speakers, attendees, media, exhibitors and other participants to help us realize a safe and positive conference experience for everyone.
All determinations of appropriate or inappropriate behavior are in Informa Tech Canada Inc.’s (ITC) sole discretion and the decision(s) of the ITC representatives on-site will be final.
Expected behavior includes, but is not limited to:
- Be considerate, respectful, and collaborative.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory or harassing behavior, materials and speech.
- Be mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow participants. Alert conference organizers if you notice a dangerous situation or someone in distress. Contact details are below.
- Complying with all applicable laws.
Unacceptable behavior & materials include, but are not limited to:
- Unacceptable behaviors & materials include: intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory, or demeaning materials or conduct by any attendees of the event and related event activities. Many event venues are shared with members of the public; please be respectful to all patrons of these locations.
- Harassment includes: offensive comments (verbal, written, or otherwise) related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, disability; inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces (including presentation slides); deliberate intimidation, stalking or following; harassing materials, photography or recording; sustained disruption of talks or other events (whether verbal or otherwise); inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention.
- Speech or behavior or otherwise interfere with the virtual event or other individuals’ participation in the event, or engage in spamming of other attendees.
- Wearing clothing that is not suitable for a professional work environment, that is provocative, or otherwise potentially offensive.
- Any boisterous, lewd or offensive behavior or language, including but not limited to using sexually explicit or offensive language, materials or conduct, or any language, behavior or content that contains profanity, obscene gestures, or racial, religious or ethnic slurs.
Consequences of unacceptable behavior
Unacceptable behavior will not be tolerated whether by other attendees, media, speakers, volunteers, organizers, venue staff, sponsors, or exhibitors.
Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately.
If a participant engages in unacceptable behavior, the conference organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including expulsion from the conference without warning or refund.
Breaches of this Code of Conduct may result in disqualification from participating in future live and virtual events and from engagement across ITC blogs, online forums, and social media channels.
What to do if you witness or are subjected to unacceptable behavior
If you are subjected to unacceptable behavior, notice that someone else is being subjected to unacceptable behavior, or have any other concerns, please notify a conference organizer as soon as possible. Contact details are below. All reports will remain completely confidential.
We expect all conference participants (staff, sponsors, volunteers, speakers, attendees, and other guests) to abide by this code of conduct at the main virtual event and all related events (social or otherwise).
Renu Bourne, Event Manager, email@example.com
Brian Bourne, Co-Founder, firstname.lastname@example.org
Bruce Cowper, Co-Founder, email@example.com
The above policies may be revised at any time by ITC and are non-negotiable. This Code of Conduct is without prejudice to ITC rights, all of which it expressly reserves.